Uhuru's Reaction After Tuju's Accident

  • CS Amina Mohammed on Wednesday, February 12, contacted President Uhuru Kenyatta and informed him that Jubilee Secretary General Raphael Tuju had been involved in a road accident.

    Tuju was on his way to the late former President Daniel arap Moi's burial when the accident took place.

    According to The Standard, Amina arrived at the scene of the accident minutes after it occurred and contacted the president, who ordered that Tuju be airlifted to Nairobi.

    The wreckage of Tuju's car being towed from the accident scene on Wednesday, February 12

    The publication reported that a chopper that was meant to take off from Wilson Airport to Kabarak was delayed by around 10 minutes after Inspector General of Police Hilary Mutyambai received a call from the president.

    Mutyambai is said to have asked the pilot to wait for a few minutes as he spoke to the president on the phone.

    Afterwards, he ordered Police Airwing boss Rogers Mbithi to make sure Tuju was taken to Nairobi from Kijabe hospital.

    Tuju has been recuperating at the Karen Hospital since the evening of Wednesday, February 12.

    On Friday, February 14, Jubilee Party informed that the CS without portfolio was under very good medical care administered by a team of specialists and nurses at the Karen Hospital.

    Through communications director Albert Memusi, the party informed that the CS was responding well to treatment and expressed content with the level of services offered to him.

    "He is responding well to the treatment and making good progress in his recuperation.

    "As a party, we are in close contact with his immediate family and they have expressed satisfaction with the level of care being provided," the statement by the party read in part.

    Jubilee thanked the team of doctors, nurses, as well as the rest of the staff at the Karen Hospital working round the clock to ensure his recovery.

    Jubilee Party Secretary-General Raphael Tuju during a media briefing at his office in Nairobi on July 2, 2018