Five more children have died following a malaria outbreak in Kakamega county.
The five girls passed on, Thursday at the Kakamega County Referral Hospital.
This brings the total deaths to 12 after seven more children succumbed to the disease earlier this week, with nearly 100 people being admitted to the hospital.
The children were aged five, five-and-a-half, seven, a one-year old and the youngest being six months old The Nation reports.
According to the hospital officials the fight against the outbreak is being hampered by lack of screening equipment at the hospital.
It is also claimed that the hospital is facing a blood shortage.
- impressive3 July 2020 - 7:33 pm
- new toy3 July 2020 - 6:48 pm
- unexpected3 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- banned3 July 2020 - 5:04 pm
- new start3 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- new record3 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Targetted3 July 2020 - 3:18 pm
- finally3 July 2020 - 2:54 pm
- you've been warned3 July 2020 - 2:31 pm
- nabbed3 July 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Seize the Moment3 July 2020 - 1:34 pm
- vandalised3 July 2020 - 1:13 pm