- Simon KiraguKENYANS.CO.KE
The government is tracing some 363 individuals suspected of carrying the coronavirus after eight more cases were confirmed.
In a press briefing at Harambee House on Sunday, March 22, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe disclosed that the 363 people are suspected to have come into contact with the eight victims who tested positive.
He also stated that one of the now confirmed 15 coronavirus patients is in an unstable condition and is receiving treatment in Msambweni, Kwale County.
"All the eight patients came through the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) between March 4, and March 17, and all have been isolated at various facilities and are being tested.Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe addressing the media outside Harambee House on March 22, 2020.
"We are tracing 363 persons who had come into contact with these persons. We also have three people waiting for processing at Mbagathi Hospital. The rest have been processed and discharged.
"All the patients except one who is at Msambweni are all in stable condition. The government is planning to airlift the patient in Msambweni to Nairobi for specialised treatment," stated the CS.
The CS noted that the unstable patient was of French descent and was more affected because of his advanced age.
"No coronavirus patient is in ICU. They're all stable. The French national was a bit unstable because of his advanced age," stated Kagwe.
Watch the video below:
As a result of the developments in the country, Kagwe stated that all foreign flights, save for cargo planes, would not be allowed into the country beginning Wednesday, March 25.
All Kenyans outside the country were given until Wednesday, to fly back with those unable to within the period advised to observe the guidelines issued by the respective countries.
Al foreign governments were also given the same deadline to make plans to evacuate their citizens from Kenya.
Watch Mutahi Kagwe's full press briefing below:
- Listen Up23 November 2020 - 7:58 pm
- Rain Alert23 November 2020 - 7:52 pm
- Innovative23 November 2020 - 7:45 pm
- moving ahead23 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- Fire Back23 November 2020 - 6:47 pm
- triple tragedy23 November 2020 - 6:24 pm
- update23 November 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Game on23 November 2020 - 5:25 pm
- Changes Tune23 November 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Unfortunate23 November 2020 - 3:42 pm
- Take Caution23 November 2020 - 2:38 pm
- troubling time23 November 2020 - 3:00 pm