A man was found dead in Makueni nine days after his family reported that he had gone missing.
A report by K24 Digital on Thursday, March 26 stated that Mwanza Mutunga, 28, went missing on Monday, March 16 2020. His family filed a report at Kilyungi Police Station the same day he went missing.
The deceased's body was found in a bush near his home by a neighbour at around 11.30 a.m. on Wednesday, March 25, who then alerted authorities.An armed Kenya police officer steps out of a police car.File
Police who responded took the body to Makueni Level 5 Hospital morgue where an autopsy was conducted.
Postmortem results indicated that Mutunga had succumbed to injuries he had sustained, further revealing that he was brutally tortured.
His left foot had been severed from his body, whereas a toe on the right foot and a thumb on the left hand had been cut off.
Police have since launched an investigation to establish the killers and cause of the heinous act.
Still, in Makueni, another young man was found dead floating in River Kaiti, Kilung Sub-county.
He was identified by a resident at around 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 25 and notified area chief Francis Kanyaa who in turn alerted the police.
Officers from Kola Police Station retrieved the 25-year-old's body and took it to Kilungu Sub-county Hospital mortuary.
The officers recovered the man's mobile phone, clothes and shoes at the edge of the river. An autopsy will be conducted to establish the cause of death, as informed by the police.A Kenyan Police Officer pictured at a crime scene.
- ImageTragic30 March 2020 - 8:52 pm
- Imagetrue or false?30 March 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Imagerestrain30 March 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageoblivious30 March 2020 - 7:27 pm
- Imagegoodies30 March 2020 - 7:29 pm
- Imagetimely30 March 2020 - 6:46 pm
- Imagehistoric30 March 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Imageout of stock?30 March 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Imagefed-up30 March 2020 - 4:25 pm
- ImageRed-line30 March 2020 - 4:32 pm
- ImageSurge30 March 2020 - 3:21 pm
- Imagethe law won30 March 2020 - 4:11 pm