- Ministry of Defence
A medic was allegedly knocked dead by a naval officer who was driving in Mombasa on Monday, March 30.
According to a report by The Standard, the unidentified officer, who was driving under the influence, rammed his personal car into seven people killing one and injuring two others.
The officer, who is attached to Mtongwe Naval Base, had reportedly hit and killed a cow before ploughing into the people at around 7 p.m.
Confirming the incident, Likoni Sub-county police boss Jane Munywoki confirmed that the officer was attached to Mutongwe but efforts to trace him have been futile.Commander Kenya Navy Major General Levi Franklin Mghalu inspects a Division at Kenya Navy Mtongwe Base, on Tuesday July 21, 2018.Ministry of Defence
“It is true the driver of the ill-fated car is an officer at Mtongwe Navy.
One person died and two others were injured. Our traffic police officers have launched investigations into the cause of the accident,” stated Munywoki.
After the incident in which a boda boda rider and his passenger sustained serious injuries, the officer jumped out of the car and disappeared into the naval base.
The deceased was identified as Ezekiel Nyairo who was attached at St Thomas Hospital in Likoni.
A witness, Soita Elphas, recounted that after rushing to the accident scene, he found three people lying on the ground and that one of them had been crushed against a tree.
Kimara Nyadegas, an administrator at the hospital where Nyairo worked, disclosed that the deceased was going home after work. He came from Miruka in Nyamira County.Likoni Police Commander Jane Munywoki in her office.Daily Nation
- Matatu Sanity29 November 2020 - 9:43 am
- corridors of justice29 November 2020 - 9:27 am
- My Take29 November 2020 - 9:18 am
- escape29 November 2020 - 9:04 am
- Unfortunate29 November 2020 - 8:11 am
- Life Saver29 November 2020 - 7:54 am
- costly29 November 2020 - 7:20 am
- details28 November 2020 - 7:58 pm
- looming danger28 November 2020 - 7:52 pm
- rising above28 November 2020 - 7:30 pm
- get out28 November 2020 - 7:21 pm
- update28 November 2020 - 5:39 pm