A family is mourning the death of their kin after a motorist rammed into a crowd in Nanyuki Town.
In the Monday, May 18, incident, the driver of a Probox lost control and ploughed into a boda boda shed and left several others injured.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, an eyewitness claimed that the driver was suspected to have been driving under the influence of alcohol.
"The accident happened in Nanyuki Town this evening. The driver was alleged to be a drunkard," stated the witness.Residents at the scene of the accident where a Probox rammed into a motorcycle shade in Nanyuki on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Another witness noted that the car was approaching at high speed and that it had hit other people before getting to them fatally injuring one bodaboda operator.
"I have no words for what happened here because when I looked at how that car was approaching, I was shocked. I heard that it had knocked other people and was being chased by other boda boda riders.
"As the driver was escaping the riders trailing him, that is when he lost control and knocked our shade. When I saw it approaching I took off. When I saw the death, I got confused and went away for a while," stated the rider.
Another person narrated in detail how the deceased was crashed noting that he had been badly disfigured.
Several other riders who were in the shade sustained injuries.
In the video, police are seen surveying the scene with the Probox dented in its front while some motorcycles damaged next to the vehicle.
- Condemned28 October 2020 - 1:46 pm
- creme dela creme28 October 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Brace UP28 October 2020 - 1:07 pm
- good news28 October 2020 - 12:41 pm
- crisis28 October 2020 - 12:41 pm
- Amended28 October 2020 - 12:04 pm
- RIP28 October 2020 - 11:10 am
- Revealed28 October 2020 - 10:56 am
- see you later28 October 2020 - 10:28 am
- Unfortunate28 October 2020 - 10:09 am
- Expensive Err28 October 2020 - 9:16 am
- Cash Money28 October 2020 - 8:54 am