Four garage owners woke up to counting losses to the tune of tens of millions after several vehicles were burnt down in a night fire incident fire on Wednesday morning, July 22.
The incident occurred at Dagoreti Corner area near Shalom Guest House, off Ngong Road, Nairobi.
A correspondent based in the area who spoke to Kenyans.co.ke detailed that the incident occurred at 3 a.m. in the morning.
The fire was attributed to an electric fault with residents lamenting that they have experienced high voltage power for several days.The aftermath of a fire incident in Nairobi on Wednesday, July 22, 2020File
"One of the owners detailed that he was woken up before 3 a.m. by the night guards at the garages and he rushed to the scene.
“Upon arrival, he called emergency service providers and firefighters arrived at around 4 a.m. and managed to put off the fire," the reporter stated.
The businessman added that several of the vehicles belonged to clients who had taken them for servicing and repairs.
Affected individuals were notified of the incident as investigations into the cause of the fire commenced.
The owner detailed that all four businessmen had insured their businesses and had already liaised with their insurance companies.
Among the cars that burnt down were Landcruisers, Toyota pickups and Proboxes.The aftermath of a fire incident in Nairobi on Wednesday, July 22, 2020File
- Unfortunate23 January 2021 - 7:04 pm
- alma mater23 January 2021 - 5:54 pm
- latest report23 January 2021 - 4:56 pm
- Rewind23 January 2021 - 5:32 pm
- Shut down23 January 2021 - 4:01 pm
- In Need23 January 2021 - 3:06 pm
- accused23 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- High Life23 January 2021 - 1:23 pm
- money makers23 January 2021 - 1:53 pm
- RIP23 January 2021 - 11:58 am
- touching23 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- backlash23 January 2021 - 10:57 am