Kenya has recorded 723 more Covid-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours bringing the total number of cases in the country to 20,636.
During the daily Covid-19 briefing at Afya House on Friday, July 31, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced that 8,679 samples had been tested over the same period bringing total samples tested so far to 303,959.
Of the 723 positive cases, 450 are male and 273 are female while the youngest case is a 9-month-old and the oldest is aged 87.
At the same time, 44 patients have been discharged from hospital bringing the total recoveries to 8,165.Some of the beds placed within the Covid-19 emergency treatment tent at the Machakos Stadium, April 20, 2020
Regrettably, 16 patients succumbed to the disease bring the total death toll to 341.
The CS also praised Muslims for observing Covid-19 guidelines even as they celebrated their Eid al-Adha holiday on Friday.
He introduced additional travel guidelines ahead of the resumption of international air travel on August 1 as directed by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
He warned that the travel protocols would change day by day based on calculated risks and had "nothing to do with diplomatic ties."
"To avoid crowding at airports we are introducing a mobile app to enable passengers fill in their details online.
"At the moment, we have a situation where our cases are community spread and not imported and we have no intention of going back to imported cases," he added.
He further warned that the current contact tracing technique was bound to change noting, "Contact tracing is being experienced globally. In the initial stages, contact tracing was achievable. Our circumstances are changing at our County levels."
- listening ear14 August 2020 - 6:21 pm
- narrowly14 August 2020 - 5:01 pm
- philanthropic14 August 2020 - 5:16 pm
- Another one14 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- new beginnings14 August 2020 - 3:24 pm
- update14 August 2020 - 3:33 pm
- heads rollling14 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- best of the best14 August 2020 - 2:45 pm
- No Chills!14 August 2020 - 2:01 pm
- pinching pennies14 August 2020 - 1:19 pm
- roughed up14 August 2020 - 1:29 pm
- triumphant14 August 2020 - 1:02 pm