The University of Nairobi has been ranked the top institution in East Africa and number 10 in Africa by the Webometrics ranking.
Uganda's Makerere University came in position 12 in Africa and second in East Africa, with the University of Dar-es-Salaam ranking 35th in the continent and third in the region.
In the top 200 universities in Africa, eight Kenyan institutions appeared with UoN leading the rank at 10. Kenyatta University, Moi, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) came in position 38, 47 and 62 respectively.
Egerton, Strathmore, Technical University of Kenya (TUK) and Maseno followed at 125, 134, 144 and 154 respectively in Africa.A screengrab of Webometrics University rankings 2020/21File
In their 2020/21 ranking Webometrics also ranked UoN no 956 globally out of 30,590 universities, the only East African institution in the top 1,000.
Makerere and Dar-es-Salaam came in at position 1,013 and 1,838 respectively.
KU, Moi, JKUAT, Ergeton, Strathmore and TUK were at 1,674, 2,108, 2,436, 3,622, 3,730 and 3,949 respectively.
"The Ranking Web is not a ranking of the websites of Universities, it is a Ranking of Universities. It uses both webometric (all missions) and bibliometric (research mission) indicators
"The primary objective of the Ranking Web is to promote open access to the knowledge generated by the University. The best strategy to improve your rank is to increase the quantity and quality of your web contents," Webometrics stated.File image of the University of NairobiFile
- Tragic21 June 2021 - 6:04 pm
- Revealed21 June 2021 - 6:25 pm
- Heartbreaking21 June 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Remarkable21 June 2021 - 5:16 pm
- Search & Rescue21 June 2021 - 3:54 pm
- Cornered21 June 2021 - 3:39 pm
- Timely21 June 2021 - 3:34 pm
- Strategy21 June 2021 - 2:48 pm
- Here for You21 June 2021 - 1:57 pm
- Tactics21 June 2021 - 1:56 pm
- Accused21 June 2021 - 1:12 pm
- New Beginning21 June 2021 - 12:30 pm