- K24 Digital
Three sisters from Rift Valley are the talk of the village after they decided to get engaged to their respective lovers on the same day under one ceremony to cut costs.
The three sisters, Dorcas, Hellen and Faith Kulei, had been planning to get hitched separately but the Covid-19 pandemic thwarted their plans.
Speaking to the press, Dorcas disclosed that the joint ceremony had helped the family cut costs by as much as half.
He further noted that the three were determined to hold weddings before the year ends which was part of their new year resolutions.A wedding venue set-up.
"We are friends and we love each other so much. Many people tell us that we look alike and we thank God for having done this," she stated.
James Chelal, a family member, disclosed that it was the whole family view to hold the ceremony in one go because the engagement time for all the three had arrived.
The event took place in a sleepy village of Kapkiruok in Katiorin location, Baringo North sub-county and the sisters spotted dashing outfits.
The grooms at the event travelled all the way from Bungoma, Uasin Gishu and Keiyo in Elgeyo-Marakwet to mark the important feat in the sisters lives.
It was the first time a ceremony of that kind had taken place in the area.
“It was God’s miracle to even come this far and even to plan the ceremony for the same day. Our Lord did not disappoint us," stated Cirus Shikuku, the groom from Bungoma.
Dorcas noted that the cost of the event totaled to Ksh 200,000 as opposed to Ksh 600,000 should they have held the ceremonies separately.
The ceremony was a departure from Kalenjin traditions in which the first born daughter is expected to be married off before any of her siblings.
- upgrade21 October 2020 - 7:30 pm
- no-show21 October 2020 - 7:02 pm
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm