- Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
Migori MCAs are set to table an impeachment motion against Governor Okoth Obado on Wednesday, September 23, after the ODM party lost confidence in the county boss.
However, Obado insisted that he was ready to go down with a fight and shared details of a secret ODM meeting held to discuss his ouster.
The governor alleged that ODM was planning to use the police to intimidate MCAs inside the County Assembly and to also interfere with voting.
He claimed that Migori Senator, Ochilo Ayacko, met the legislators in Kisii where a 10-point impeachment motion was drafted by a former magistrate.Migori County Assembly building.
"The senator met MCAs and fake party delegates to discuss my ouster. If due process is followed, the impeachment motion will be dead on arrival.
"Ayacko should keep off and respect the sovereignty of the county assembly," Obado stated in an interview with the Standard.
He added that ODM further planned to eject the County Speaker Boaz Okoth if the impeachment motion stalled for a third time in three weeks.
Ochillo Ayacko defended himself against allegations fronted by Obado, who also accused him of disloyalty to the party.
The Senator dubbed Obado's lamentations as idleness and fear of carrying his own cross.
On Tuesday, September 22, ODM Chairman John Mbadi confirmed that the ouster will proceed as planned.
"Yes, the motion is ready and it will be tabled maybe on Wednesday (September 23) or Thursday (September 24). As to the grounds of impeachment, the MCAs know better.
"We just gave a directive that he (Obado) be impeached because someone who has been barred from office is not fit to hold office because he has been charged with a criminal act," Mbadi stated.ODM Chairman John Mbadi addresses delegates in Migori County on Sunday, September 13, 2020
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am
- Trouble24 October 2020 - 8:24 am