Kiharu MP Ndindi Nyoro was forced to cut short his speech on Friday, September 25, during a burial ceremony in Murang'a where five family members who had perished in a road accident, were laid to rest.
A reporter in the region told Kenyans.co.ke that the commotion begun when Nyoro took to the podium to relay his message only for an official from the county government to shout at him to sit down.
"There were people who did not want Nyoro to deliver his speech, and specifically an official who works for the Murang'a county government. Hence, he shouted the legislator down," he stated.Murang’a Senator Irungu Kang’ata addressing supporters of Kiharu MP Ndindi Nyoro (2nd left) on September 10, 2019 in Murang’a town.File
Perturbed, the residents who wanted to hear from Nyoro asked the county official to keep quiet, but he only grew bold.
Nyoro tried to calm the residents down as the scene turned chaotic.
"Kindly let us accord respect to this family during this very trying time,"Nyoro pleaded, but no one listened.
The priest was forced to end the ceremony prematurely.
"The priest had just finished preaching, but had not said the final prayer. He had to cut short the ceremony as the pallbearers picked the caskets and headed to the graves," our source stated.
In yet another function organised to raise money for the family on Wednesday, September 16, the two groups clashed over donations sent by President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto.
Kangema MP Muturi Kigano arrived with Ksh1 million given by Kenyatta to help the family offset the burial costs.
He, however, picked a fight with DP Ruto allies, MPs Alice Wahome (Kandara) and Ndindi Nyoro (Kiharu), when he stated that the President did not require assistance in financing the burial.
Ruto allies presented Ksh 300,000 which had been contributed by the DP.
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm