Churchill show comedian Othuol Othuol was on Monday, September 28, rushed to hospital in critical condition.
Othuol is said to have been taken to the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH), but did not receive treatment due to the health workers strike.
He was then taken to Shalom Hospital in Machakos County, where he is currently admitted.
"Othuol is in a critical condition. He is admitted," actress Sandra Dacha also known to many as Silprosa told Kenyans.co.ke.Othuol Othuol in his element during a Churchill Show back in 2018.
For a number of months now, the comedian has been in an out of hospital. In June, the funnyman collapsed and was taken to the Kenyatta National Hospital.
His friends and colleagues took to social media platforms to complain that he was not receiving adequate medical attention at the hospital even as they contributed to cover Othuol's medical expenses.
"He is currently in Kenyatta in Ward 8D and he was admitted at around 10 a.m. He has not been attended to from yesterday and it is until we raised the issue on social media that he was admitted," Dacha stated at the time.
In an interview in November 2019, the comedian revealed that he had been diagnosed with TB and Vitamin D deficiency.
Meanwhile, a man died outside Kenyatta National Hospital's emergency ward on Monday, September 28, after he went untreated for hours over the health workers' strike.
The workers decried that the government had approved a salary increment for them back in 2012, but they were yet to receive the raises.
The Kenya National Union of Nurses indicated that the strike would continue until their pleas were heard.Stock image of the Kenyatta National Hospital.The Standard
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm