Churchill show comedian Othuol Othuol was on Monday, September 28, rushed to hospital in critical condition.
Othuol is said to have been taken to the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH), but did not receive treatment due to the health workers strike.
He was then taken to Shalom Hospital in Machakos County, where he is currently admitted.
"Othuol is in a critical condition. He is admitted," actress Sandra Dacha also known to many as Silprosa told Kenyans.co.ke.Othuol Othuol in his element during a Churchill Show back in 2018.
For a number of months now, the comedian has been in an out of hospital. In June, the funnyman collapsed and was taken to the Kenyatta National Hospital.
His friends and colleagues took to social media platforms to complain that he was not receiving adequate medical attention at the hospital even as they contributed to cover Othuol's medical expenses.
"He is currently in Kenyatta in Ward 8D and he was admitted at around 10 a.m. He has not been attended to from yesterday and it is until we raised the issue on social media that he was admitted," Dacha stated at the time.
In an interview in November 2019, the comedian revealed that he had been diagnosed with TB and Vitamin D deficiency.
Meanwhile, a man died outside Kenyatta National Hospital's emergency ward on Monday, September 28, after he went untreated for hours over the health workers' strike.
The workers decried that the government had approved a salary increment for them back in 2012, but they were yet to receive the raises.
The Kenya National Union of Nurses indicated that the strike would continue until their pleas were heard.Stock image of the Kenyatta National Hospital.The Standard
- Goodbye24 October 2020 - 2:38 pm
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am