Garissa Senator Yusuf Haji was admitted at the Aga Khan Hospital, Nairobi after he underwent surgery on Tuesday evening, September 29.
Haji was flown from Garissa to Nairobi for the emergency operation that lasted for over five hours.
Speaker Ken Lusaka indeed confirmed that Haji, the Senate Security and Foreign Relations Committee Chairman, was hospitalised.
The Speaker made the announcement while adjourning the Senate.BBI steering committee chairman Yusuf Haji (left) receives Thirdway Alliance proposals from Secretary General Fredrick Okango on March 10, 2020.File
"Let us pray for his quick recovery," Lusaka stated.
It was reported that Haji slipped and dislocated his hip at his home in Garissa.
Haji is also the Chairman of Building Bridges Initiative Taskforce.
He was set to present the BBI report to President Uhuru Kenyatta and ODM leader Raila Odinga at the end of September 2020.
The veteran legislator also served as the Minister of Defence from 2008 to 2013.
He is among the few appointees to have served under retired President Mwai Kibaki and the incumbent Kenyatta.National Assembly Speaker Justin Muturi (right) presents a report to Building Bridges Initiatives (BBI) Taskforce Chairperson Senator Yusuf Haji on Tuesday, March 10, 2020.Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
- Reopening Challenges20 October 2020 - 8:21 pm
- Harsh measures20 October 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Elegant20 October 2020 - 7:32 pm
- Huduma Debate20 October 2020 - 7:09 pm
- The Chosen20 October 2020 - 6:59 pm
- Tragedy20 October 2020 - 5:57 pm
- latest20 October 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Explained20 October 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Commendable20 October 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Stunning20 October 2020 - 4:07 pm
- Confessions20 October 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Pay Day20 October 2020 - 2:14 pm