Garissa Senator Yusuf Haji was admitted at the Aga Khan Hospital, Nairobi after he underwent surgery on Tuesday evening, September 29.
Haji was flown from Garissa to Nairobi for the emergency operation that lasted for over five hours.
Speaker Ken Lusaka indeed confirmed that Haji, the Senate Security and Foreign Relations Committee Chairman, was hospitalised.
The Speaker made the announcement while adjourning the Senate.BBI steering committee chairman Yusuf Haji (left) receives Thirdway Alliance proposals from Secretary General Fredrick Okango on March 10, 2020.File
"Let us pray for his quick recovery," Lusaka stated.
It was reported that Haji slipped and dislocated his hip at his home in Garissa.
Haji is also the Chairman of Building Bridges Initiative Taskforce.
He was set to present the BBI report to President Uhuru Kenyatta and ODM leader Raila Odinga at the end of September 2020.
The veteran legislator also served as the Minister of Defence from 2008 to 2013.
He is among the few appointees to have served under retired President Mwai Kibaki and the incumbent Kenyatta.National Assembly Speaker Justin Muturi (right) presents a report to Building Bridges Initiatives (BBI) Taskforce Chairperson Senator Yusuf Haji on Tuesday, March 10, 2020.Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm