The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) on Sunday, October 25, issued an advisory after a trailer overturned, blocking the Naivasha-Mai Mahiu highway.
The truck overturned at around midday causing traffic snarl-up on the busy highway which crippled transport for the better part of Sunday.
The authority issued a statement informing motorists of the incident.A trailer overturned along the Naivasha Mai Mahiu highway on Sunday 25 October 2020.
"KeNHA would like to alert motorists that the Naivasha-Maimahiu-Rironi Road has been blocked due to an accident that occurred along the highway involving a trailer that was moving towards Mai Mahiu.
"Police have been on the site of the accident to open up the road, but the traffic snarl-up has taken longer to open up due to overlapping by other vehicles," read part of the statement.
KeNHA added that traffic police are now fully in control with the snarl-up projected to clear before 7 p.m.
Motorists were advised to exercise patience as normal traffic was being restored along the highway that connects Narok and Naivasha.
The trailer overturned near the Limuru-Mai Mahiu junction with a video emerging showing residents gathered around the truck.
The accident left many motorists stranded as transport was paralysed the whole afternoon with some seeking alternative routes.
The truck was transporting ballast. The cause of the accident is yet to be established with no casualties reported at the time of writing.A section of the stranded motorists after cattle were hit by a lorry along the Mai Mahiu- Narok road on September 25, 2020.
- Stuck24 November 2020 - 6:25 pm
- Cost Cutting24 November 2020 - 5:12 pm
- Surge24 November 2020 - 3:45 pm
- admission24 November 2020 - 3:49 pm
- Ruto Response24 November 2020 - 2:54 pm
- On the Spot24 November 2020 - 3:15 pm
- act of kindness24 November 2020 - 3:01 pm
- panic24 November 2020 - 2:39 pm
- clarification24 November 2020 - 2:32 pm
- Conquerors24 November 2020 - 2:29 pm
- Higher Level24 November 2020 - 2:05 pm
- secret admirer24 November 2020 - 2:10 pm