Industrialisation Cabinet Secretary Betty Maina was on Wednesday night, October 21, involved in an accident along the Kericho-Litein highway.
The CS was reportedly headed home when a boda boda rammed into her vehicle from behind at around 9 pm.
Kericho County Commissioner Karungu Kamau has since confirmed the accident, saying that the CS escaped unhurt.Industrialisation and Trade CS Betty Maina.File
"No one was injured in the accident and the CS is safe," Kamau stated.
According to Daily Nation, the CS had gone on a tour of the South Rift region to inspect government projects.
The accident occurred just days after Lands Cabinet Secretary Farida Karoney lost her father in a road accident involving a motorcycle.
He was knocked dead while crossing a road in Kapsabet town while crossing the busy Kapsabet- Eldoret highway.
Mzee Edward Kiprotich Karoney, aged 74 years, was buried on Wednesday, October 14, in accordance with Muslim customs.
The accident occurred amid concern over increased cases of road carnage across the country’s roads with the country having recorded dozens of fatalities in recent weeks.
According to a report released by NTSA, 2,689 persons had lost their lives between January 1 and September 30, 2020, compared to the same period last year where 2,655 lives were lost which translates to an increase of 1.3%.
During the same period, motorcyclists and pillion passengers deaths increased by 44.94% and 19.44% respectively.File: President Uhuru Kenyatta and Lands CS Faridah KaroneyFile
- kudos4 December 2020 - 8:14 pm
- get well soon4 December 2020 - 7:58 pm
- blow after blow4 December 2020 - 6:52 pm
- win big4 December 2020 - 6:13 pm
- rising cases4 December 2020 - 5:36 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 6:25 pm
- congratulations4 December 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Work & No Play4 December 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Early Christmas4 December 2020 - 3:41 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Quick exit4 December 2020 - 2:17 pm
- Hard Times4 December 2020 - 1:24 pm