- Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
The Nation Media Group has launched a new media product meant to boost its engagement with the audience and attract more listeners.
NMG's Nation Audio podcasts are episodes of digital audio files that users can download to personal devices.
This is part of the company's digital transformation journey which commenced on July 30, 2020.
"We will offer the younger audience the best in experimental and creative audio experiences with a focus on genres such as sports, entertainment, lifestyle, hard news and soft news," Stephen Gitagama, the NMG CEO stated.A radio studio microphone
The podcasts will also include daily updates from editors on top stories that can be found on the newspaper and TV.
One of the three podcasts which will be broadcasted on Thursday, November 19, will be an eight-part series investigation into the disappearance of journalist turned blogger, Bogonko Bosire.
Former NTV news anchor James Smart will be the podcast editor. Smart announced his return to NMG on Monday, September 21, to spearhead the project.
He is credited with pioneering The Trend show, formerly hosted by BBC's Larry Madowo and, later on, Amina Abdi Rabar.
"It is exciting. We are in a good place to co-create content with other podcasters. We want to tell different stories and I think podcasts are a new way to reach new audiences and tell our story in a different way.
"Other forms of media have a lot of limitations, but podcasts break those barriers and allows us to reach new audiences," Smart explained, adding that podcast listenership is highest among the younger people.
NMG rebranded its newspapers and created a new digital brand dubbed Nation.Africa on July 30, 2020, as it geared towards transforming into a modern digital content company.Former NTV news anchor James Smart posing for a photo.
- RIP26 November 2020 - 1:03 pm
- in dire need26 November 2020 - 12:47 pm
- Upgrade26 November 2020 - 12:37 pm
- Speak out26 November 2020 - 12:23 pm
- fulfilled wish26 November 2020 - 11:19 am
- Armed client26 November 2020 - 11:17 am
- Tough Times26 November 2020 - 10:45 am
- Drama26 November 2020 - 12:12 pm
- Strict Measures26 November 2020 - 9:53 am
- Keep off26 November 2020 - 10:12 am
- snubbed?26 November 2020 - 9:29 am
- breaks silence26 November 2020 - 8:48 am