Former NTV Swahili news anchor, Harith Salim, has joined K24 TV, five months after his contract was terminated at Nation Media Group.
Salim was laid off alongside colleagues Ken Mijungu and Debarl Inea on July 3, 2020.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke on Wednesday, December 2, Salim stated that he was excited at starting a new chapter in his life and career.
The anchor joined K24 TV Swahili news desk where he will undertake various duties such as reporting, anchoring and coordinating various digital projects.A set at K24 studios in Nairobi
"I can't wait to start this new venture," he said.
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC) had reportedly approached the anchor with a job offer as it focused on growing its market share in the digital age.
KBC also wanted to hire former K24 TV anchors Ahmed Bhalo, Mwanaisha Chidzuga and Nancy Onyancha.
Abuller Ahmed, K24 TV's sports anchor, lauded Salim as a passionate and hardworking journalist, and someone he was looking forward to working with.
Ahmed joined the Mediamax owned TV channel in June 2020 from Switch TV, a month after K24 retrenched anchors, presenters and senior management.
Reports had alleged that former NTV anchor Ken Mijungu was hired by KTN News, a day after Standard Media Group fired a senior editor and also unveiled new digital strategies.Former NTV Anchor Ken Mijungu (left) interviewing DP William Ruto at his Karen home on Thursday, January 23, 2020.File
- last moments2 March 2021 - 4:22 pm
- High Life2 March 2021 - 3:43 pm
- Up in Flames2 March 2021 - 2:48 pm
- Free2 March 2021 - 3:14 pm
- Tweet a crime2 March 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Insider2 March 2021 - 1:57 pm
- dangerous2 March 2021 - 1:25 pm
- breakthrough2 March 2021 - 1:50 pm
- Notice Issued2 March 2021 - 1:04 pm
- revealed2 March 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Hit2 March 2021 - 2:35 pm
- Principal teacher2 March 2021 - 12:55 pm