Kenya has recorded 219 Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours as the country's total caseload rises to 97,127.
In a press statement on Tuesday, January 5, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced that 5,413 samples had been tested in the last 24 hours. The country has so far conducted 1,064,419 Covid-19 tests.
Of the positive cases, 136 are males and 83 are female. The youngest case is a two-months-old infant and the oldest is aged 90 years.A medical practitioner dressed in protective gear at the Coronavirus isolation and treatment facility in Mbagathi District Hospital on Friday, March 6, 2020.Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
170 are Kenyans while 49 are foreigners.
At the same time, 100 patients have recovered with 83 discharged from the home-based care program and 17 from the hospital around the country bringing the total number of recoveries to 79, 357.
Regrettably, 4 patients succumbed to the disease bringing the total number of deaths to 1,690.
Currently, there are 614 patients admitted in various health facilities countrywide and 2,940 on Home Based Isolation and Care.
29 patients are in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), 15 of whom are on ventilatory support, and 11 on supplemental oxygen while another 3 are on observation.
Another 17 patients are separately on supplementary oxygen, 16 of whom are in the general wards.1 is in the High Dependency Unit (HDU).
The distribution of cases is as follows; Nairobi 141, Mombasa 26, Uasin Gishu 7, Kisumu 6, Machakos 5, Taita Taveta 5, Kiambu, Kwale and Nakuru 4 cases each, Elgeyo Markwet, Kajiado and Meru 3 cases each, Kilifi 2, Kirinyaga, Murang'a, Nandi, Nyandarua, Siaya and Turkana 1 case each.
- Scared28 January 2021 - 1:10 pm
- spilled beans28 January 2021 - 12:25 pm
- Freedom28 January 2021 - 12:33 pm
- tricked28 January 2021 - 1:54 pm
- Audacious28 January 2021 - 11:32 am
- 24/728 January 2021 - 1:34 pm
- Lay blame28 January 2021 - 1:14 pm
- Reshufflement28 January 2021 - 12:06 pm
- i'm out28 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- battle front28 January 2021 - 11:46 am
- ablaze28 January 2021 - 9:46 am
- indecisive28 January 2021 - 10:38 am