A journalist associated with TV47 has appealed to members of the public for financial support to help him foot medical bill.
Sostine Wanji was ran over at Matulo area along the Malaba-Nairobi highway on January 16, 2021, an incident that left him nursing broken limbs.
The journalist was rushed to Elgon View Hospital in Bungoma County where he underwent surgery.a collage image of journalist Sostine Wanji and an x-ray scan of his injured legs after the accident.File
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Bungoma Journalists Association treasurer Joan Wesakhulila confirmed that Wanji was still admitted in hospital and was recuperating following a successful surgery.
The association's Chairperson John Makuba further revealed that the scribe was recovering well from the injuries, but urged well wishers to help his family offset the ballooning medical bill.
He noted that colleagues, family and friends had so far raised Ksh150,000 towards settling the bill.
“The bill is Ksh290,000, but so far we’ve managed to raise Ksh150,000, pending Ksh140,000 to enable us clear his bill,” Makuba stated.
“Your financial support will be highly appreciated," he added.
Makuba asked those willing to extend a helping hand to do so through the association's treasurer, Wesakhulila.File image of journalist Sostine Wanji.accident
- Replaced21 May 2022 - 4:30 pm
- Explainer21 May 2022 - 5:01 pm
- Well Paying21 May 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Making Choices21 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Demands21 May 2022 - 2:05 pm
- Renounce21 May 2022 - 12:44 pm
- Music Wars21 May 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Stashed21 May 2022 - 11:43 am
- Dedicated21 May 2022 - 11:23 am
- Feud21 May 2022 - 9:41 am
- Calm Her Down21 May 2022 - 9:05 am
- Shoplifter21 May 2022 - 8:37 am