The government is offering sponsorships to students who scored grades as low as 'E' in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges in the country.
The students will be assigned to the institutions through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) - a state corporation established under the Universities Act, 2012 to coordinate the placement of government-sponsored students to universities and colleges.
The program is set to give opportunities to students who scored lowly in the national examinations. In the 2019 KCSE examinations, over 350,000 students scored grade D and below.Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) house along Dennis Pritt Road in Nairobi.
According to the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) anaylsis 101,687 students scored (D+ plus), 137,713 (D plain) 152,339 (D- minus) and 29,318 scored E grade.
"This opportunity is for any Kenyan youth with any grade in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination and has never secured a course through KUCCPS," the agency noted in a notice
Youth can apply for programmes on offer with Artisan Courses taking D and E grades, Crafts (D+, D) and Diploma programmes requiring an entry grade of C and C – (Minus).
The applicant will be expected to make applications by submitting their preferred choices where a valid choice will constitute a programme code, programme name and the institution name.
1) Applicants with an overall grade of C+ and above will be allowed to make a maximum of 6 choices for degree programmes where 1(a), 1(b) and 1(c) must be similar programmes and 4 for diploma programmes.
2) Applicants with an overall grade of C- and above, will be allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices; 4 for diploma and 4 for craft certificate programmes.
3) Applicants with an overall grade of D and above, will be allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices; 4 for craft certificate and 4 for artisan certificate programmes.
4) Applicants with an overall grade below D, will be allowed to make a maximum of 4 choices from artisan certificate programmes.
5) An applicant may choose any programmes for which they qualify provided that no choice is repeated.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted online through the Student’s Portal accessible via the Placement Service website www.kuccps.ac.ke.
The deadline for application is February 12, 2021.How to apply for a programme under KUCCPS
1. Log in to the KUCCPS student portal.
2. Enter your KCSE index number and KCSE Year.
3, Use your birth certificate number and KCPE index number as the password.
4. Click on the programs tab on the upper left-hand corner to check the requirements for the programs.
5. Alternatively, search for courses by their institutions by clicking on the institution tab.
How to select courses:
1. Scroll through the programmes and add the ones you are interested in to the course basket.
2. To enter your preferred courses, click on the application/revision tab on the site and enter the programme codes.
3. You can pull the program codes from your selection in the course basket.
4. Once you are done, submit the courses you have selected.
5. You will be redirected to an application for payment.
Note: Students who are applying for the first time are charged Ksh 1,500 while those revising courses they already submitted in school will pay Ksh 1,000.
How to pay:
1. Students applying for the first time will be charged Ksh 1,500.
2. If you are only revising the choices you already submitted in school, you will pay Ksh 1000.
3. Go to Lipa na M-PESA Menu
4. Select Paybill
5. Enter the business number as 820201
6. Input the account number as your KCSE year and KCSE index number e.g 2019111111111
7 Enter amount- Ksh 1,500 for the first-time applicants and Ksh 1,000 for those revising.
8. Input your M-PESA pin and send
9. Retain the Mpesa message, you will need the transaction code every time you make changes.
Payment Reversals Reversals will be done for erroneous payments in the following ways: i. For non-existent accounts, reversals will be made within 14 days.
Reversals for payments made to wrong but valid accounts e.g. payment made for account 12345678912 instead of 12345678911 must be requested in writing to the Chief Executive Officer.An official of KUCCSP Tending to potential applicants
Here is the list of courses you can apply for on the KUCCPS website.
Motor vehicle mechanics
Beverage production and service
Hairdressing and beauty therapy
Building construction technology
Fashion and design
Carpentry and joinery
Hairdressing and Beauty
Electrical and Electronics
Motor Vehicle Technology
Fashion and design
Welding and fabrication
Food and beverage, services and sales
Refrigeration and air conditioning
Dressmaking and tailoring
Tourism & Hotel Management
In case of inquiries
One can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 020 5137400, 0723954927 or 0734879662.
- disclosed12 June 2021 - 7:38 pm
- details12 June 2021 - 7:03 pm
- Analysis12 June 2021 - 6:06 pm
- stalemate12 June 2021 - 4:09 pm
- shots fired12 June 2021 - 3:35 pm
- Changes12 June 2021 - 3:23 pm
- Confession12 June 2021 - 2:42 pm
- lanes12 June 2021 - 2:18 pm
- Apprehended12 June 2021 - 1:56 pm
- Confronted12 June 2021 - 1:03 pm
- inconvenience12 June 2021 - 12:21 pm
- Chosen12 June 2021 - 11:04 am