The Ambassador of Tanzania to Kenya Dr. John Simbachawene has called on the Kenyan media to report reliable information about the Covid-19 situation in Tanzania.
He further stated that inaccurate reports have caused undue panic and distress to Tanzanian citizens as they were untrue.
However, Ambassador Simbachawene urged Tanzanians to continue taking precautionary measures against the COVID-19 pandemic.The Ambassador of Tanzania to Kenya Dr. John Simbachawene in his office in December 2020.File
He noted that Tanzania has been at the forefront of ensuring that citizens follow the advice of experts and the Ministry of Health as well as precautionary guidelines provided by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Simbachawene further urged Tanzanian citizens going to Kenya to ensure they had the required documents according to the Ministry of Health.
He asked Tanzanians living in Kenya to follow the rules and regulations set to combat the disease COVID-19.
The Director of Public Health, Dr. Francis Kuria, on Tuesday, February 23, issued an alert to Kenyan citizens living in Tanzania to abide by the strategies laid out by authorities in regard to Covid-19.
"We have heightened surveillance at the border to avoid any further imported infections. We have also advised Kenyans, in general, to avoid unnecessary travel to Tanzania.
"We are asking Kenyans in Tanzania to seek informed advice about the disease,” said Kuria.
Tanzania has recently been affected by the deaths of several senior government officials which prompted the enforcement of Covid-19 measures, which had for the better part of 2020, been ignored.A woman holds a small bottle labelled with a "Vaccine Covid-19" sticker taken on April 10, 2020.File
- unfortunate21 April 2021 - 10:07 am
- confusion21 April 2021 - 9:38 am
- New Projects21 April 2021 - 9:30 am
- Corridors of Power21 April 2021 - 9:24 am
- Under Siege21 April 2021 - 7:58 am
- Another One21 April 2021 - 7:16 am
- eyes on prize20 April 2021 - 8:04 pm
- jets out20 April 2021 - 7:48 pm
- new pairs of hands20 April 2021 - 6:50 pm
- Alliances20 April 2021 - 6:29 pm
- dissolve20 April 2021 - 5:22 pm
- On the Edge20 April 2021 - 4:48 pm