At least 15 people have been confirmed to have died in a tragic accident involving two buses traveling along the Mombasa-Malindi Highway that happened on Wednesday morning, April 7.
A Muhsini Bus Service was heading to Garissa from Mombasa when it collided with a matatu that was traveling towards the Mombasa area at Gede area near Malindi.
Coast Traffic police boss Peter Maina confirmed the incident saying that an unidentified number of passengers who were in critical condition were rushed to the hospital.
As at the time of publishing, rescue efforts were ongoing with eyewitnesses indicating that the death toll could be higher based on the injuries sustained at the scene of the accident.Witnesses at the Mombasa-Malindi Highway accident that happened on Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
Police officer, Kenya Red Cross and well wishers were all involved in the recuing process. Some of the victims were rushed to the hospital using private cars as police officers continue to seek help.
Drivers who ply the blamed the contractors for digging the road and leaving it as incomplete making it hard to pass through.
The officers are expected to issue an update on the state of the victims after the recuing process is done.
Unfortunately, the officers at the scene complained that some of the rescuers were still items such laptops and phones.
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- On the verge20 June 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Heartwarming20 June 2021 - 5:58 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 4:04 pm
- Tables Turn20 June 2021 - 2:21 pm
- Father's Love20 June 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Rescue Mission20 June 2021 - 12:48 pm
- high politics20 June 2021 - 11:40 am
- About Time20 June 2021 - 12:05 pm
- On the Spot20 June 2021 - 12:07 pm
- Revealed20 June 2021 - 9:20 am
- Pay Up20 June 2021 - 8:04 am