Kenya has recorded 66 new Covid-19 cases from 1,833 tests conducted over the past 24 hours. The positivity rate now stands at 3.6 percent.
In a statement released on Monday, May 10, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced that the country's cumulative numbers had risen to 163,620. Cumulative tests so far conducted are 1,721,122.
From the cases, 65 are Kenyans while one is a foreigner. 45 are males and 21 are females. The youngest is a six-year-old child while the oldest is 81 years.
1,737 individuals recovered from Covid-19 over the past 24 hours - pushing the cumulative recoveries to 112,298.
1,122 patients are recovering in hospitals, 134 of them in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) while 4,783 are recuperating under home-based care.
Kagwe further announced that a total of 917,068 individuals had been vaccinated against the virus. Of these 268 jabs were administered in the last 24 hours.
Sadly, 12 deaths have been reported in the last 24 hours. One occurred in the last 24 hours and 11 on diverse dates within the last one month. This now pushes the cumulative fatalities to 2,907.
Another 89 patients are separately on supplemental oxygen with 83 of them in general wards and 6 in High Dependency Units
A total of 917,068 persons have so far been vaccinated against the Covid-19 disease countrywide. Of these 280,876 are aged 58 years and above alongside others, Health workers, 160,947, Teachers 143,684, while Security Officers are 77,417.fatal death
- Relief18 May 2022 - 5:34 pm
- I'm Out18 May 2022 - 4:51 pm
- Get out18 May 2022 - 5:33 pm
- Representation18 May 2022 - 4:19 pm
- Heroes18 May 2022 - 3:09 pm
- Cheaper18 May 2022 - 2:00 pm
- Accident18 May 2022 - 1:26 pm
- Rescued18 May 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Turmoil18 May 2022 - 12:48 pm
- New Direction18 May 2022 - 12:31 pm
- Popularity18 May 2022 - 12:10 pm
- Declaration18 May 2022 - 11:12 am