Four people perished on Friday, June 10, after their car collided with a lorry at Bangale area along the Garissa-Nairobi Highway.
According to police reports, the car rammed the water bowser truck from behind. Two men, a lady and a teenager died at the spot.
The driver of the private car incurred critical injuries and was rushed to the Garissa County Referral Hospital after undergoing first aid treatment at the accident scene.
Tana North Sub-County Police Commander, Ali Ndiema confirmed the incident while speaking to the press.An accident along the Nairobi Mombasa highway
“The car rammed into a stationary water bowser truck, the driver and turn-boy of the truck escaped and are being sought,” Ndiema stated.
It was suspected that the lorry was parked on the wrong side of the highway.
The bodies of the four commuters were ferried to a nearby morgue.
Statistics by the NTSA details that more than 75 percent of road traffic casualties are economically productive young adults.
Pedestrians and passengers are the most vulnerable as they account for 80 percent of the deaths.
Buses and matatus are the vehicles most frequently involved in fatal crashes.
According to the agency, road fatalities between January 2020 and December 2020 stood at 3,663, compared to 3,508, during the same period in 2019.An accident involving a BMW and a lorry that took place on Wednesday, May 5
- Take Advantage23 June 2021 - 12:02 pm
- revealed23 June 2021 - 10:45 am
- Vengeance23 June 2021 - 9:48 am
- Revealed23 June 2021 - 9:40 am
- Congrats23 June 2021 - 9:36 am
- Luxurious23 June 2021 - 9:25 am
- Disarray23 June 2021 - 8:20 am
- Good News23 June 2021 - 7:21 am
- Take Note22 June 2021 - 7:41 pm
- innovative22 June 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Ejected22 June 2021 - 6:58 pm
- Youth22 June 2021 - 7:17 pm