Autopsy results have revealed what caused the death of a 19-year-old KCSE 2020 candidate whose body was found at Portreiz Hospital on Wednesday, June 9.
The results conducted at the Coast Provincial General Hospital revealed that the Najma Abdullahi died of a high-velocity injury.
She is said to have sustained a fracture on the right side of her head.DCI detectives probe a crime scene in Kenya.
Samples were also taken to establish whether the deceased was sexually assaulted before she was killed.
"There is evidence of torture and you can see that even her head was hit with a blunt object," Francis Ouma, a human rights defender stated.
Abdullahi went missing after seeing off a friend who had gone to visit their Changamwe home in Mombasa County.
The deceased's sister Effrah Abdullahi narrated that she left the house at 4pm on the said day, only to be found dead three days later.
"I talked to her at around 6pm and she told me that she was on her way back home. However, at around 7pm, her phone was off and we could not trace her," she told the press.
Preliminary investigations indicated that Abdullahi was found along Bonje road while unconscious and was bleeding from the mouth and nose.
She was taken to Portreiz hospital by the police where she succumbed to her injuries.
The deceased was a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidate who scored a B and was expected to join University.A police vehicle at a scene of a crime
- details30 July 2021 - 8:12 pm
- Surrender30 July 2021 - 7:56 pm
- dramatic30 July 2021 - 7:50 pm
- Tragic30 July 2021 - 6:10 pm
- sad30 July 2021 - 5:10 pm
- details30 July 2021 - 3:38 pm
- Transferred30 July 2021 - 3:14 pm
- details30 July 2021 - 3:07 pm
- No Scam Zone30 July 2021 - 3:06 pm
- Go All In30 July 2021 - 2:34 pm
- ARRESTED30 July 2021 - 2:01 pm
- Updates30 July 2021 - 1:28 pm