Embakasi East Parliamentart aspirant and UDA strategist Francis Mureithi was on Thursday morning, July 22, arrested during a midnight raid at his home in Nairobi.
Mureithi is an ally of Deputy President William Ruto, who is reported to have coordinated UDA's logistical needs in the Kiambaa by-election.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, UDA communications representative Wanjohi Githae confirmed that the politician was being transferred to Western Kenya where he would be arraigned in court.
He is accused of being involved in an accident in the Western Part of the Country but some of his supporters insist that the matter was settled amicably.Former Embakasi East MP aspirant Francis Mureithi (left) and Embakasi East MP Babu Owino
"(He was arrested because of) some issue in Western Kenya but our team is on it. He was arrested in Nairobi overnight while at his home.
"He will be arraigned in Western but Police have not communicated. Our lawyers are still trying to find out. We saw the police arrest without giving full information so we are still trying to find out," stated Githae.
Our efforts to get a statement from his immediate team was futile since his phone was switched off.
Mureithi lost the Embakasi East Parliamentary seat to Owino after the Supreme Court of Kenya upheld the latter's victory during the 2017 general election.
Since then, the aspirant has had run ins with law enforcement including a 2020 arrest where he was charged with with Ksh300 million fraud.
The politician was accused of obtaining the colossal amount from an Eritrean national after promising to help him win military tenders.
He, however denied five counts including forgery and conspiracy to defraud.
He allegedly committed the offence in November 2016 and was released on a cash bail of Ksh 5 million or a bond of Ksh10 million.UDA branded wheelbarrow in Kuresoi Town, Nakuru County.accident arrest
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm