A prison warder accused of plotting to kill his lover for allegedly conning him Ksh900,000 has given his side of the story regarding the incident.
In an interview with TV47, Edwin Omuse refuted claims that he was going to kill his lover after he was reported to have taken a loaded G3 rifle and headed to Thika to kill his lover of four years.
He stated that he had no motive to commit the crime as if he did, he would have since he knew her whereabouts.An image of a police station in KenyaKenyans.co.ke
"If I wanted to kill her, I would because I knew exactly where she was," Omuse maintained.
The officer further dismissed claims that his lover had defrauded him of money.
He raised suspicion after a whistleblower who spotted him at the Kangeta trading centre in possession of a rifle hidden in a sack phoned his colleague Caroline Wamboi to report the matter.
The warder stationed at Kangeta Prison explained that he had only stepped out of his station while on duty and was late in returning the gun.
"By the time I was leaving the Kangeta Station, my shift was not over and I could not return the gun before time hence I had to travel with it," he stated.
He was arrested by officers from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) on Wednesday, August 26, after being termed armed and dangerous.
After gathering intel on his girlfriend's whereabouts, they moved her to safety and waited for his move.
Omuse, who is currently in police custody at Thika Police Station, expressed hope that justice would prevail and his name would be cleared.The DCI offiices in Kiambucapitalfm.co.kearmed gun arrest armed
- Tough Measures20 January 2022 - 8:03 pm
- tough times20 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Heartbreaking20 January 2022 - 7:26 pm
- New directive20 January 2022 - 7:14 pm
- HUMBLE BEGINNINGS20 January 2022 - 7:16 pm
- Explained20 January 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Lost20 January 2022 - 5:30 pm
- Tough Call20 January 2022 - 4:22 pm
- traitors20 January 2022 - 4:47 pm
- NEW PLANS20 January 2022 - 4:12 pm
- last stand20 January 2022 - 4:49 pm
- tough20 January 2022 - 3:39 pm