A Kisumu hawker who wowed Kenyans with his creative way of selling second-hand clothes has received more gifts after he met with aspiring politician Alinur Mohammed on Friday, September 17.
In a statement, Alinur disclosed that he had offered Sande Mayua a fully paid holiday vacation of his choice and would pay his six month's rent until he was settled in Nairobi.
Mayua had been trending after a short video of him selling second-hand clothes using comical phrases was shared multiple times on social media.Aspiring politician Alinur Mohammed and Kisumu-based hawker Sande Mayau meet at Hurlingam, Nairobi, on Friday, September 17.
He got a deal with a Kilimani-based menswear retailer and was flown from Kisumu, where he had been selling the clothes.
"Finally I met Sande Mayua alias Mtumba Guy in Hurlingham. He's a brilliant and hardworking young man who is trying all his best to earn a living," Alinur wrote on his social.
Mayua has also received over Ksh200,000 worth of donations and incentives to kickstart his career from entrepreneurs and companies.
A trader from Gikomba market only known as Jane awarded him two bales of Grade 1 mitumba clothes to scale his business.
Jane vowed to follow up on the business to make sure it is managed well and was profitable for him.
In addition, Mayua received a donation worth Ksh100,000 from the CEO of Notify Logistics Waweru Nderitu.
"I didn't know it will go this far but God is great."
"I thank God for making my videos viral. I didn't know they would be shared widely," he stated after he shared his first video on September 6.Sande Mayau, the viral Kisumu based hawker
- Shocking2 October 2022 - 8:18 pm
- Testimony2 October 2022 - 8:19 pm
- Divulged2 October 2022 - 7:19 pm
- Partnership2 October 2022 - 6:25 pm
- Money Maker2 October 2022 - 4:57 pm
- Loyalty2 October 2022 - 3:58 pm
- CRACK DOWN2 October 2022 - 3:33 pm
- Scaling heights2 October 2022 - 3:01 pm
- Cheerful Giver2 October 2022 - 2:13 pm
- Milestone2 October 2022 - 1:44 pm
- Drug Abuse2 October 2022 - 2:10 pm
- Sad2 October 2022 - 12:21 pm