The eldest daughter of the First Family, Ngina Kenyatta, delivered a baby on Thursday, September 16, at a city hospital.
Sources told Kenyans.co.ke that Ngina's mother, First Lady Margaret Kenyatta, was spotted at the hospital on Thursday.
President Uhuru Kenyatta is alleged to have visited Ngina and her kid on Friday while Ngina's grandmother and former First Lady Mama Ngina was spotted at the hospital on Saturday.Ngina Kenyatta speaks during the African Philanthropy Forum at Strathmore Business School, Nairobi, on November 15, 2019
Details of the pregnancy have been a closely kept secret and not many were aware that Ngina was expectant.
At the time of going to press, the gender of the baby was yet to be revealed.
The baby becomes Kenyatta's third grandkid.
Kenyatta's firstborn son, Jomo and his wife Fiona Acholla are blessed with two kids, Wanjiru (named after first lady Margaret Kenyatta) and Uhuru (named after the president).
The three kids have similarities with Kenyatta having been born at the Aga Khan Hospital, one of the best private facilities in the country.
The hospital hosts one of the most expensive and prestigious maternity units, Princess Zahra Pavilion labour, delivery and recovery unit.
Here, normal delivery costs around Ksh120,000 while a caesarian section will set you back around Ksh220,000.
To enjoy the luxurious state-of-the-art facilities, one has to pay anything between Ksh18,000 and Ksh25,000 a day, besides the delivery package.An undated photo of President Uhuru Kenyatta (centre) and his mother, Mama Ngina Kenyatta at a past event.File
- OUTSHINE24 October 2021 - 6:41 pm
- tragic24 October 2021 - 5:41 pm
- details24 October 2021 - 6:13 pm
- Victory24 October 2021 - 4:14 pm
- details24 October 2021 - 3:54 pm
- HUNTED24 October 2021 - 5:11 pm
- ARRESTED24 October 2021 - 2:53 pm
- HEART DESIRE24 October 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Tragic24 October 2021 - 3:54 pm
- shots fired24 October 2021 - 1:29 pm
- Called Off24 October 2021 - 1:17 pm
- OPPORTUNITIES24 October 2021 - 2:56 pm