The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) recently unveiled the new Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS) in a bid to ensure efficient service delivery.
The authority has in the past weeks conducted training on the use of the revamped system- a platform that NTSA promised would address a number of concerns raised by the public over the years.
Users can now renew their driving licenses through the TIMS portal - a move aimed at ensuring that NTSA has all services on their portal for ease of access, including renewal of driving licenses (DL).Citizens at NTSA offices
According to section 30 (4) of the Traffic Act, upon expiry of a license, it shall be renewed for a specific period of time. Holders of the smart DLs are encouraged to renew their licenses on the new portal for a period of three years.
How to Apply
i) Log in to the portal through www.ntsa.go.ke by providing your email address or National Identification Card, and password.
For new users, they will provide their ID serial number, a personal question, Kenya Revenue Authority PIN, occupation, phone number, physical address.
A security code will be sent to your phone for authorization.
ii) Select the option for online renewal of driving license.
iii) Fill in the application accurately and completely.
- There are two options for DL renewal: a three-year license renewal that costs Ksh1400 or a one-year license at Ksh600. (A mandatory Ksh50 convenience fee is charged in addition to the charge)
iv) Confirm your details and click apply, then press submit.
v) Choose your preferred mode of payment, either through the use of mobile money or using electronic cards.
vi) Print your driving renewal license slip.
Other services offered through the TIMS portal include vehicle registration procedure, how to transfer vehicle ownership, motor vehicle inspections, application of Road Service Licence (RSL), and Public Service Vehicle (PSV) badge.
Through the new portal, users will be able to track service application status online at their comfort.
"The turn-around time for service processing has also been enhanced and we expect to serve clients within shorter periods as compared to the past where an application verification and approval would take weeks," read a previous statement by NTSA.Motorists on a Rush- Hour Traffic Jam Along Busy Uhuru Highway in Nairobi. On October 17, 2019.Kenyans.co.ke
- Progress22 October 2021 - 7:57 pm
- Fun22 October 2021 - 7:14 pm
- Grilled22 October 2021 - 6:25 pm
- Fraud22 October 2021 - 7:39 pm
- Applications Open22 October 2021 - 7:12 pm
- AWARDS22 October 2021 - 6:44 pm
- Confidential22 October 2021 - 6:00 pm
- revealed22 October 2021 - 5:17 pm
- Oscars22 October 2021 - 5:33 pm
- Fresh Orders22 October 2021 - 4:02 pm
- Promises22 October 2021 - 4:34 pm
- REVEALED22 October 2021 - 5:04 pm