The Kenya National Highway Authority (KeNHA) has addressed the monumental traffic jam that continues to be experienced along the busy Mombasa Road.
According to a statement released on Monday, October 4, the authority announced the opening up of lanes at Syokimau and Mlolongo area that were previously closed to allow construction works of the Nairobi Expressway.
KeNHA also improved two-directional U-turns at various points such as Allpack around Mlolongo area. The diversion points at Gateway Mall area have been widened to ease vehicle movement.Heavy traffic along Mombasa Road on Saturday, July 3, 2021.
Further, the authority announced that the section along Imara Daima to General Motors would still experience traffic as a new footbridge is being installed.
The area around Bunyala - Haille Selassie roundabout - University Way would also experience traffic since the hoisting of box girders is still ongoing.
KeNHA also announced that the Nairobi Expressway stands at 64.8 per cent completion rate with the construction of the operation and monitoring center at 98 per cent.
The monitoring center will be essential for aiding in managing the road once it's fully operational. The expressway is slated to be completed by March 2022.
The traffic menace along Mombasa Road has been a cause of concern for the majority of the motorists who have had to resort to spending a few nights on the road.
KeNHA communications representative, Sam Kumba, later on, noted that the majority of the traffic was worsened by overlapping motorists - whom he urged to adhere to the traffic rules.The elevated Nairobi ExpresswayFile
- REFORMS30 November 2021 - 8:07 pm
- Congratulations30 November 2021 - 7:54 pm
- revealed30 November 2021 - 7:30 pm
- Read in Full30 November 2021 - 6:58 pm
- Conditional30 November 2021 - 6:34 pm
- New Home30 November 2021 - 6:35 pm
- good news30 November 2021 - 5:47 pm
- New Dawn30 November 2021 - 5:05 pm
- HEARTBREAKING30 November 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Rags to Riches30 November 2021 - 4:36 pm
- charting own path30 November 2021 - 3:55 pm
- AMBITIOUS30 November 2021 - 4:54 pm