Deputy President William Ruto, on Tuesday, October 19, entered Lamu Old Town while riding on a donkey.
Ruto was mobbed by his followers in what may be argued to be a similarity to the Biblical Jesus in the Triumphant Entry. The Messiah rode into Jerusalem, days before the Last Supper.
The DP’s fans, who embodied the United Democratic Alliance (UDA) colours chanted his name as the DP navigated into the town towards the rally venue where he addressed the residents.DP William Ruto meet fishermen, farmers and boda boda operators from Kiunga, Kizingitini and Faza in Kizingitini, Lamu East, Lamu County on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Prior to arriving at Lamu Old Town, the DP toured Kizingitini and Mpeketoni areas as he rallies the Coastal region areas to support his quest for Presidency.
At Kizingitini, Lamu, the DP reiterated that the bottoms-up economic model would support the low-income earners and reduce the disparity between the rich and the poor.
“Our plan will assist us in eradicating poverty in Kenya.
“My allies from Lamu opposed the BBI while other Coastal area politicians were bribed,” Ruto stated.
He added that he would support the youth to form a government that would cater for the needs of the mama mboga, jua kali and other hustlers.
The DP also promised to reduce the rate of loan intakes among the youth.
“We all want to live in an equal society,” he told the youth.
Watch the video
- Under Siege7 December 2021 - 7:12 pm
- Philanthropic7 December 2021 - 7:47 pm
- waiting7 December 2021 - 6:39 pm
- New Direction7 December 2021 - 6:04 pm
- Exposed7 December 2021 - 6:07 pm
- Disrupted7 December 2021 - 5:34 pm
- Lucky7 December 2021 - 4:47 pm
- NOT YET7 December 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Undercover7 December 2021 - 5:54 pm
- Explained7 December 2021 - 4:34 pm
- Disclosed7 December 2021 - 4:28 pm
- ORDER7 December 2021 - 3:41 pm