Kameme FM, on Monday, January 24, parted ways with popular Kikuyu vernacular radio presenter, Njogu wa Njoroge.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Njoroge confirmed his exit from the establishment that is part of the Mediamax franchise.
He intimated that he was notified of his termination via a phone call from the station's management.Kameme FM presenter Njogu wa Njoroge
"I received a phone call from the Programs Controller, who asked me not to report to work, permanently," Njoroge revealed.
Njoroge linked his dismissal to him joining the United Democratic Alliance (UDA), which is affiliated to Deputy President, William Ruto.
In what he termed as good riddance, the presenter revealed that he had intended to tender his resignation ahead of the February 9 deadline.
"It is because of my affiliations, nothing else. I would have resigned to go and concentrate on politics," he stated.
The media personality, who has thrown his hat into the political ring, will contest for the Njoro parliamentary seat. He was unveiled at DP Ruto's office in Karen and was welcomed by UDA members of parliament.
"Kazi ni kazi (Work is Work) Njogu Wa Njoroge. You are a great and highly talented son of Rurii. Wishing you the best in your political endeavours. Karibu sana (Welcome) bro," Kiharu MP, Ndindi Nyoro, wrote.
"Njogu Wa Njoroge, welcome to The Hustler nation. May your dream to join Parliament come true," Dennis Itumbi stated.
Prior to today's announcement, Njoroge hosted the Thingira show on Kameme FM from 9.30p.m to midnight. The show is centred around politics and actively involves the audience as they are allowed to voice their opinions which form the basis of discussion.Deputy President William Ruto receives Njogu Wa Njoroge on Thursday, January 20.dead
- SUDDEN Death26 September 2022 - 11:29 pm
- Tragic26 September 2022 - 7:00 pm
- Clearing the air26 September 2022 - 6:32 pm
- Closure26 September 2022 - 5:03 pm
- Final Verdict26 September 2022 - 3:53 pm
- Solutions26 September 2022 - 3:48 pm
- New venture26 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Take Note26 September 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm