Several people are feared dead following a road accident that occurred along the busy Mombasa Road on Monday August 8.
Reports indicate the accident involved a Public Service Vehicle (PSV) commonly known as matatu, which rolled at Maanzoni area, in Machakos.
County Deputy Commissioner David Rotich confirmed the incident. By the of this publication, Kenyans.co.ke could not confirm the number of casualties.A PSV matau involved in a road accident along Mombasa Road, Maanzoni area in Machakos County on August 7, 2022.
The accident involved a matau belonging to Macos SACCO which was bound for Nairobi County from Machakos.
Rotich who spoke to the media, stated that the cause of the 6pm crash was yet to be established.
Another grisly accident occurred on Monday along the Southern Bypass just after Dagoretti underpass hill.
According to the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA), about two thousand people have died on Kenyan roads since January this year.
The authority says 1,912 lives have been lost since January 1, 2022, representing a nine per cent increase from 1,754 last year's fatalities.
Pedestrians account for the highest number of fatalities.
Six hundred and eighty-two pedestrians were killed in accidents as compared to 573 who lost their lives in the same period last year.
After pedestrians, motorcyclists followed with 530 deaths; passengers (308), pillion passengers (185) and 28 pedal cyclists.A collage image of an accident at the Nairobi Expressway Mlolongo toll station on July 4, 2022.COURTESYdead accident died fatal death crash killed
- Inspiring30 September 2022 - 6:32 pm
- redundancy30 September 2022 - 6:02 pm
- OPPORTUNITY30 September 2022 - 7:07 pm
- Orders30 September 2022 - 5:09 pm
- Goodbye30 September 2022 - 4:48 pm
- Changes30 September 2022 - 4:22 pm
- New TV30 September 2022 - 5:03 pm
- Review30 September 2022 - 3:46 pm
- investigate30 September 2022 - 3:27 pm
- Battle30 September 2022 - 5:23 pm
- Drama30 September 2022 - 5:29 pm
- Demand30 September 2022 - 2:22 pm