A police officer was forced to open fire to deflate a motorist's tyres after the driver rammed into their Landcruiser twice at a roundabout in Kisumu.
Karanja Muruiri, Nyanza region police boss, confirmed that the incident occurred on Wednesday, August 17, after police were notified of a suspicious vehicle making rounds around a bank in the vicinity.
The driver, who was identified as a prominent lawyer and activist in Kisumu, was recorded deliberately and repeatedly rear-ending the white Landcruiser.The RAV4 vehicle was recorded hitting the police Landcruiser on Wednesday, August 17 in Kisumu.
"This unfortunate action was conceived to be an act of terror.
"It led to a swift reaction by the police who promptly demobilized the vehicle by deflating its tyres," a statement released by the National Police Service read.
In the video circulating on social media, a plains cloth police can be seen jumping out of the van with a pistol in his hand.
He fired several shots in the air before shooting the car's tyres. On sensing danger, the activist sped away leading to a car chase.
A crowd that had assembled at the scene also ducked with some scampering for safety.
NPS in their statement disclosed that the wanted driver was arrested by the police who opted against detaining him owing to his history of mental unwellness.
"The motorist was arrested but found to be psychologically unwell and taken to hospital by police for further treatment," NPS stated.
Police, however, did not disclose the cause of the altercation between the motorist and the cops.A plains cloth police officer deflated the car's tyres after an altercation ensued at a roundabout in Kisumu on Wednesday, August 16, 2022.fire arrest scam
- new Appointment27 September 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Not Picked27 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Changing Faces27 September 2022 - 7:38 pm
- Unfulfilled27 September 2022 - 6:51 pm
- Lucky ones27 September 2022 - 6:36 pm
- Awarded27 September 2022 - 5:21 pm
- On the spot27 September 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Powerful27 September 2022 - 4:30 pm
- role27 September 2022 - 4:34 pm
- Trend27 September 2022 - 7:23 pm
- Revealed27 September 2022 - 5:00 pm
- Working state27 September 2022 - 4:21 pm