Four people died and 46 others were injured in a road accident involving a bus along Kipsitet-Muhoroni road in Kericho on Monday, January 16.
Kericho County Police Commander Rico Ngare confirmed the incident stating that the driver lost control of the vehicle which veered off the road and rolled several times.
“The driver lost control of the bus at the point of the accident. Three females and one male lost their lives," Ngare told the press.An NTSA official marshalls traffic at a past accident sceneNTSA
Police have launched a manhunt to apprehend the bus driver who disappeared from the accident.
"We are looking for him. We urge PSV drivers to exercise caution and ensure the safety of their passengers, " Ngare added.
The injured passengers were taken to a nearby hospital, while those reported dead were taken to the Muhoroni morgue.
The bus was headed to Kericho from Muhuroni.
Another bus incident claimed the life of one person leaving several injured on Monday, January 16, along Waiyaki way.
The bus which was transporting mourners from Uganda overturned before the Nairobi expressway entrance.
In a separate incident on Monday, January 16, an accident involving a 63-seater PSV and a 33-seater PSV caused a snarl-up along Thika Road near General Service Unit (GSU) area.
The 63-seater bus overturned on the oncoming lane taking down a section of the guard rail that separated the two roads.
The death toll in road accidents in 2023 has already hit double digits.A collage of the two buses involved in a road accident involving two PSVs at Allsops, along Thika Road on January 16, 2023.dead accident died death crash
- Revealed27 March 2023 - 7:04 pm
- Pandora's Box27 March 2023 - 6:53 pm
- Barbaric27 March 2023 - 6:05 pm
- Globe Trotting27 March 2023 - 6:33 pm
- Decided27 March 2023 - 5:23 pm
- Take Care27 March 2023 - 4:38 pm
- Uncouth27 March 2023 - 3:14 pm
- take note27 March 2023 - 2:56 pm
- Invasion27 March 2023 - 1:49 pm
- Revealed27 March 2023 - 2:19 pm
- Farewell27 March 2023 - 1:25 pm
- Announcement27 March 2023 - 12:55 pm