A Tanzanian businessman has landed in trouble with President John Magufuli's administration for using a Kenyan address on his products.
Owner of Minjingu Mines and Fertilizer was busted by Tanzania Prime Minister Kassim Majaliwa, who bumped into his bag of fertilizer branded 'Bungoma County Government', during a tour in the region
Speaking on the matter, Mr Majaliwa said: "I decided to inspect the firm after receiving complaints from residents of Manyara Province, lamenting that the fertilizer is not being sold to them, despite the firm being resident Expert have revealed that when used, the fertilizer helps significantly in improving crop productivity. But when I arrived at the premises of the manufacturing plant, I noticed something that angered me – the fertilizer bags had a Kenyan address written on the yet Minjingu Mines and Fertilizer LTD is a Tanzanian firm."
In a report by eDaily, Mr Majaliwa demanded the owner to apologise to President Magufuli highlighting that it was unfortunate that the businessman was promoting a foreign country (Kenya) yet the Head of State has been rooting for local productions.
"We can see quite well there is a Tanzanian mark of quality on the fertilizer bags. Why don't we see Tanzania all over the wrapping material? It should never happen! The owner of the company must write an apology letter to President Magufuli.
"The Head of State is going around the country advocating for the empowerment of our local production industries yet you are promoting industries in foreign nations," the PM said.
The Tanzania businessman tried to explain to Mr Majaliwa that his agreement with buyers was what promoted his actions but he insisted that an apology to Magufuli was non-negotiable.
Here is the fertilizer bag:
- New Hit25 October 2020 - 8:11 pm
- Saddening25 October 2020 - 7:09 pm
- Stranded25 October 2020 - 7:20 pm
- sneaky25 October 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Unfortunate25 October 2020 - 5:04 pm
- Fiery Ruto25 October 2020 - 4:14 pm
- Covid-19 Update25 October 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Enlighten25 October 2020 - 3:14 pm
- ticking time-bomb25 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Our Journey25 October 2020 - 2:40 pm
- road carnage25 October 2020 - 2:07 pm
- grisly25 October 2020 - 12:16 pm