Business came to a standstill in Kitale town Saturday morning, as residents engaged the police in running battles protesting alleged harassment by county government askaris.
Angry protesters are said to have burnt down a vehicle belonging to the Trans-Nzoia county government in the riots that lasted for almost 5 hours and threatened to set the askaris on fire too.
The residents allege that the county government was out to ruin their businesses noting the recent demolition of the Kitale main bus terminus, Citizen News reports.
Police were forced to shoot in the air to disperse the hundreds of demonstrators who filled the town streets.
According to the area OCPD Jackson Omwega police have launched investigations into the matter.
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm
- rip6 June 2020 - 1:00 pm
- taking action6 June 2020 - 12:27 pm