An autopsy has revealed how lawyer Willie Kimani, his client Josephat Mwenda and taxi driver Joseph Muiruri were brutally murdered.
The eight-hour postmortem led by Government Pathologist Johansen Oduor disclosed that the lawyer and his two associates died after being hit with blunt objects on their heads then strangled.
According to the report, Mr Kimani's head was severally smashed with a heavier object compared to that used on the other two.
“The object they used to kill the lawyer seemed to have been heavier than the one used on the rest, the fracture was more severe,” Mr Oduor confirmed.
Mr Muiruri, on the other hand, was strangled then pounded on the head with the blunt object.
According to the postmortem, the client was severely tortured in comparison to the other two. Results showed he had intense bleeding in the chest, neck and a fracture on the head.
The autopsy was conducted on Monday at Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) in the presence of Dr Andrew Gachie who represented the Law Society of Kenya (LSK).
Following the heinous killings, the LSK, human rights activists, taxi and bodaboda operators held nationwide protests demanding justice for the colleagues who were killed.
Three Administration Police officers — Senior Sergeant Fredrick Leliman, Corporal Stephen Chebulet and Constable Silvia Wanjiku Wanjohi — linked to the murder of the three were arraigned in court on the same day and detained for 14 more days as investigations continue.
- sad!25 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm
- Uproar25 September 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new directive25 September 2020 - 2:14 pm
- in the cold25 September 2020 - 1:52 pm
- Congrats!25 September 2020 - 12:59 pm
- exquisite25 September 2020 - 12:53 pm
- stay woke25 September 2020 - 11:57 am
- Power play25 September 2020 - 11:30 am
- barricaded25 September 2020 - 11:24 am
- Infuriated25 September 2020 - 10:27 am