The Jubilee Party has fired one of its top officials in a major reshuffle in its leadership.
The Party on Tuesday parted ways with its Secretary General Veronica Maina who was replaced by the Head of Secretariat Raphael Tuju.
The revelations were made after Jubilee's National Executive Committee held a meeting with President Uhuru Kenyatta and Deputy William Ruto at State House.
Speaking after the meeting, Kenyatta noted that the Party was committed to uniting the country adding that he would ensure Jubilee is inclusive.
At the same time, the party made other changes including moving its head of election board Lumatete Muchai to the disciplinary committee.
This comes barely a week after the party sacked its national election board chairman Pwoka Wanyonyi over alleged misconduct.
Announcing the decision, Tuju stated that Jubilee had dropped Wanyonyi a week after his appointment after questions were raised touching on his integrity.
Within the week, a section of the party officials was also accused of planning to lock Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko from nominations for the City gubernatorial seat.
- boost12 August 2020 - 7:11 pm
- painful12 August 2020 - 7:10 pm
- no more patience12 August 2020 - 6:41 pm
- all angles12 August 2020 - 6:23 pm
- Nabbed12 August 2020 - 5:56 pm
- big man bazu12 August 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Gikomba Chaos12 August 2020 - 5:33 pm
- pimp my ride12 August 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Strength of a Woman12 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- loading12 August 2020 - 3:58 pm
- latest12 August 2020 - 3:19 pm
- in the know12 August 2020 - 3:39 pm