Ford-Kenya Party leader Moses Wetangula has ruled out the possibility of joint nominations in the National Super Alliance (NASA).
Addressing the press on Thursday, Wetangula announced that Ford Kenya would field candidates for all elective posts across the country.
Wetangula now joins Wiper Party Leader Kalonzo Musyoka who on Wednesday announced that they will not accept joint nominations as proposed by other NASA leaders.
“We want to give everybody opportunity to present themselves to the electorate,” the Wiper leader affirmed.
On Monday, ODM Director of Campaigns Junet Mohamed announced that the Orange party will not allow affiliate parties in the coalition to field candidates in its strongholds.
Wetangula and Kalonzo’s announcement pose a great threat to the unity of NASA as ODM and ANC have been championing for Joint nominations.
According to the leaders advocating for joint nominations, if members of the NASA affiliate parties face each other on the ballot, this could hand jubilee more seats in parliament due to the splitting of votes.
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am
- Overlooked5 July 2020 - 8:59 am