The Civil Society Organization Reference Group has come out strongly defending local NGOs after it was alleged that most of them defraud donations from donors.
On Friday, Waiguru stated that the plans to deregister the NGOs should be halted as soon as possible so as to give the accused parties time to comply with the stipulated rules and regulations.
Earlier this week, the NGO Coordination Board revealed how NGOs have created two sets of accounts that are used to blind the Government to stealing the money. Other NGOs have also been accused of money laundering and funding terrorism.
The Board further stated that the money in those hidden accounts has accumulated to Sh25.6 Billion, with most of them failing to file their accounts at the required time. They were given 14 days to respond to these accusations, with most NGOs coming out to claim their innocence.
Some of the notable NGOs that featured in the list were Ahadi Trust, known for the fight against jiggers in the country that had a sum of Sh84 Million unaccounted for, Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) which also could not give an explanation for Sh1.2 Billion in their account.
Read Also: REVEALED: NGOs 'Stealing' Money From Donorssteal terrorism fight
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm