Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet has appointed new commanders for Garissa County following the terror attack that left 148 people dead and the consequent suspension of seven top officers to pave way for investigations.See: Government Suspends Top Officers Over Garissa Attack
Shadrack Maithya was appointed as Garissa Police Commander and Nicholas Maina as the Officer Commanding Police Division (OCPD ) of the county.
Along with the move, several reshuffles have been made including Emmanuel Karisa who has been Turkana County Commander being transferred to Vigilance House and Baringo County Commander Hassan Barua being transferred to Nakuru in the same position to replace John Koki who has in turn been transferred to Police Headquarters.
Boinnet, as directed by Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaiserry appointed a five member team that will investigate possible security lapses on the part of the suspended officers which might have led to the attack.
The probe team will be led by by Head of Operations at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations Mohamed Amin.
The team is set to work with five prosecutors appointed by Director of Public Prosecutions Keriako Tobiko on the case of the suspended officers.dead probe
- Embattled19 May 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Get Paid19 May 2022 - 2:12 pm
- Responds19 May 2022 - 1:57 pm
- Heart of Gold19 May 2022 - 2:16 pm
- Blurred lines19 May 2022 - 1:39 pm
- Suspected19 May 2022 - 12:55 pm
- Generosity19 May 2022 - 12:14 pm
- Blow19 May 2022 - 11:08 am
- Intervenes19 May 2022 - 11:50 am
- Intervention19 May 2022 - 11:04 am
- disclosed19 May 2022 - 10:44 am
- Quest19 May 2022 - 10:10 am