The National Youth Service will soon set up a camp in the North Rift region. The announcement was made by President Uhuru Kenyatta on Friday after talks with leaders from the region.
The camp will train youths the region in building infrastructure to allow those who engage in violent cattle rustling activities because of being idle or jobless to have skills that will help them earn a living.
According to KBC, the president said that the camps will only be set up if leaders from the region ensure that tribal animosity comes to an end.
It was resolved that all schools that had failed to open or had been closed in the region due to insecurity will be opened in the next two weeks.
The deputy president added that leaders from the region would visit the affected areas on Monday to encourage those who had fled their homes as a result of the killings to return.
- breaks silence5 March 2021 - 9:24 am
- take notice5 March 2021 - 9:19 am
- Warned5 March 2021 - 8:49 am
- My time5 March 2021 - 7:55 am
- Awarded5 March 2021 - 8:12 am
- Trounced5 March 2021 - 7:01 am
- On the Spot4 March 2021 - 8:29 pm
- gear up4 March 2021 - 8:04 pm
- Benchmarking4 March 2021 - 7:35 pm
- Take Note4 March 2021 - 8:16 pm
- fact check4 March 2021 - 7:30 pm
- well wishers4 March 2021 - 6:31 pm