Two women were injured on Saturday at the Likoni crossing channel in Mombasa after a vessel identified as MV Kwale veered off its course.
Unusually heavy currents pushed the vessel carrying about 1.400 passengers off its course creating panic among the passengers.
The two women Mwanakombo Ali and Rebecca Paul as identified by The Nation jumped off the vessel, attempting to swim out of fear of drowning.
Some passengers claim the ferry had mechanical problems, allegations refuted by the Kenya Ferry Services public relations officer Aaron Mutiso.
Mombasa Deputy County Commissioner Salim Mahmoud confirmed that the vessel was eventually secured and that all passengers got off board safely.
Watch the video report by NTV here
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm