PHOTOS: 7 Killed as Huruma Building Collapses
Seven people have been confirmed dead in Huruma area, Nairobi County, after a six storey building collapsed following the heavy rains that hit the City on Friday night.
121 others were rescued by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) after the building which holds over 100 houses came down crumbling.
It is reported that two floors sank into the ground as a result of the flood causing the four upper ones to collapse.
Kenya Red Cross further indicated that over 1000 households have been displaced in Mathare and Mukuru following the heavy downpour.
KRCS, who are conducting rescue operations together with the National Youth Service (NYS), St John Ambulance and the police, also stated that there are people still buried under the debris.
The rescue operations are still underway.
Nairobi Deputy Governor Jonathan Mueke who was at the scene of the incident noted that every building in the County that does not comply with the set standards will be demolished.
Here are the photos:
- 18 October 2019 - 1:24 am
- 17 October 2019 - 9:25 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 9:27 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:11 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:45 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:02 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:42 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:13 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:28 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 5:55 pm