Woman, House-help in Court Over Plan to Kill Husband
A woman and her house-help were on Monday charged at a Mombasa Law Court for planning to have her husband killed.
Rose Adhiambo, the wife to Polycarp Okumu, had supposedly contracted the services of James Odhiambo Wanyumba to end her husband's life.
Both Adhiambo and her house-help, Doris Akinyi, were arrested at the same time and were yesterday charged with conspiracy to commit murder.
Mrs Adhiambo was allegedly caught by her husband at Kenya Commercial Bank at Naivas mall in Nyali, withdrawing Sh1.2 Million which was said to be the payment for the hit man.
Wanyumba, the hired killer, was apprehended in Homa Bay County and remanded for 10 days as further investigations were conducted into the botched mission.
Rose and Doris, however, denied the accusations of conspiring to kill Polycarp between October 20 and 26 at Nyali in Kisauni, Mombasa County.
Mr Polycarp, a wealthy man in Mombasa, is reported to own assets in the security sector, and that his estranged wife worked as a Managing Director in one of his establishments before the alleged plans to have him murdered were discovered.
Mrs Adhiambo, who expected to inherit her husband's massive wealth after his death, is reported to have unsuccessfully tried to poison Mr Polycarp in a previous instance.
- 15 December 2019 - 10:11 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:44 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:23 am
- 15 December 2019 - 8:19 am
- 15 December 2019 - 7:08 am
- 14 December 2019 - 8:55 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 8:32 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 8:09 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 6:52 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 7:45 pm
- 14 December 2019 - 6:36 pm