20 Kenyan lawyers have been struck off the roll of Advocates and 12 others suspended.
The legal professionals whose names were published in a gazette notice on Friday were dismissed following complaints from the public on gross misconduct.
The list of the rogue lawyers was compiled by the Advocates Complaints Commission (ACC), which handles complaints relating to professional misconduct in the legal industry and handed it to Attorney General Githu Muigai.
While receiving the report, Prof. Muigai remarked: "Disciplinary action taken against an advocate emanates from evidence of gross professional misconduct as reported by complainants to, received and reviewed by the Advocates Complaints Commission."
Following the disciplinary action, the listed advocates are not allowed to conduct the duties of an advocate in Kenya.
They can neither represent clients nor appear in a court of law anywhere in the country without express authority from the Registrar of the High Court.
Here is the list:
- At Last27 February 2021 - 7:27 am
- pressing26 February 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Change of Command26 February 2021 - 7:57 pm
- Boosted26 February 2021 - 7:31 pm
- unfortunate26 February 2021 - 7:48 pm
- justice26 February 2021 - 6:23 pm
- Upgrade26 February 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Caution26 February 2021 - 6:22 pm
- warning26 February 2021 - 5:43 pm
- let peace prevail26 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Happy26 February 2021 - 4:37 pm
- revealed26 February 2021 - 3:54 pm