Starehe Parliamentary aspirant Boniface Mwangi on Monday walked out of a TV interview on K24 citing false advertising.
Mwangi had been invited alongside his rivals for the seat Steve Mbogo of ODM Party and Jubilee Party candidate Charles Kanyi Njagua aka Jaguar.
Only Mwangi showed up for the show, with Jaguar apparently declining the invitation while Mbogo failed to show up and did not give any explanation.
Explaining his move to walk out of the set, Mwangi tweeted: "I walked out because of false advertising. The invite didn't mention Brian Weke. They wanted me to debate Brian Weke , he isn't an aspirant."
— #StareheMP (@bonifacemwangi) June 19, 2017
According to the show host, journalist Ian Wafula, the three were to be interviewed along with political activist Brian Weke who was to be an analyst on the show.
Last year, Mwangi walked out of the Jeff Koinange Live show after the host, Jeff Koinange, invited controversial lawmaker Moses Kuria on the bench despite promising to host the human rights activist alone.
- Wanted Man9 August 2022 - 9:30 pm
- Check Results9 August 2022 - 9:04 pm
- Released9 August 2022 - 9:28 pm
- His Choice9 August 2022 - 7:45 pm
- Explained9 August 2022 - 7:39 pm
- Voter Apathy9 August 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Spotted9 August 2022 - 6:26 pm
- fury9 August 2022 - 5:58 pm
- Working Systems9 August 2022 - 6:07 pm
- Miscommunication9 August 2022 - 5:48 pm
- Human9 August 2022 - 4:31 pm
- Facts9 August 2022 - 4:39 pm